Wednesday, October 1, 2014

World Vegetarian Day!

Hello, everyone!

Today, being World Vegetarian Day, I prepared a special post for you--Reasons Why I'm Vegetarian. I hope you enjoy them!

1. No Regrets! Before I became vegetarian, I couldn't not eat anything meat without feeling any empathy for the animal. I can't remember a time that I didn't feel guilty for whatever I was eating. Now, I can eat without regret!

2. More Energized! I run Cross Country after school on Tuesdays and Thursday, go to Water Polo practice on Friday evenings and Rock Climb on Thursday evenings. For that much exertion, it's smart to eat a good, balanced diet. My vegetarian diet gives me more nutrients and energy than I've ever had before.

Have you hugged a vegetarian lately? 
3. Happy! As a proud vegetarian (of over two and a half years), I feel happier than I've ever been. I can fuel my active lifestyle properly without supplements and with yummy, healthy food instead. Although I always enjoy a Luna Bar, nothing beats the energy and nutrients that you earn throughout a refreshing salad. In the beginning, you have to learn to read nutrition labels and ingredients. You have to learn to deal with demoting people who push your buttons against your lifestyle choices. You have to learn to stand up for what you believe, because your opinion matters. Sure, it might be a little awkward when you turn down meat in public, and sometimes people associate you with vegetarians and vegans who unfairly push their diet upon others. I'm not like that. Almost all vegetarians and vegans are kind people who don't make others feel ashamed for eating meat. Instead, they share their vegetarian food and show others that a world without meat is a peaceful world to live in. I am proud to not eat meat and to coexist with the animals around me. For me, being vegetarian fuels my lifestyle and nutrition and is the happiest diet I can think of.

Animals are part of our world and our lives. They have delicate ecosystems and food chains. We all live in the same world and I hope that there will become a day where everyone will understand that.
Until then, I know that I will educate others about my diet and continue to help animals. I hope all my non-meat-eating-pals are:
#ProudtoBeVeg